Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Broccolini & Couscous Salad

In the event that I don't have the time or ingredients on hand to make my own dressing, I swear by Newman's or Ken's.  Newman's Greek dressing is so fabulous that I don't even attempt to make my own.  I use this dressing to compliment this combo of couscous and veggies.  Enjoy as a side, or make it a meal by adding some diced cooked chicken!




Ingredients:
  • box of roasted garlic & olive oil couscous (if you can't find this, use the regular couscous)
  • 2.5c fresh broccolini
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2c diced tomato
  • 1/2c peeled, diced cucumber
  • Newman's Greek dressing
  • crumbled feta
  • salt & pepper
  • optional add-ins: cooked diced chicken, roasted red peppers, black olives
  1. Cook up the box of couscous per the directions and cool to room temp
  2. While the couscous is cooking, drizzle the broccolini with olive oil and roast on a foil-lined baking sheet for 12-15 min.  Cool until it's safe to handle, then chop (including the stems) and add to a bowl with the remaining veggies.
  3. Stir in some dressing, crumbled feta, the couscous, and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment