Monday, January 21, 2013

Buffalo Cauliflower

Yup, the buffalo lady is at it again!  I can't get enough of these stuff.  Over on Pinterest, I saw the idea for buffalo cauliflower and I had to try it.  As you have seen in previous posts, I am on a cauliflower kick lately so cauliflower + buffalo sauce is a match made in food heaven for me.  I played around with the idea of the batter and settled on a beer batter.  It was not heavy at all and really gave the cauliflower some added flavor.  



Ingredients: 
  • 1/4c buffalo sauce + 1/3c
  • 1/2c flour
  • 3/4c beer (I used Harpoon IPA)
  • salt & pepper
  • 1lb fresh cauliflower florets
  • 1/3c canola oil
  • celery salt
  • optional garnishes: celery sticks, carrot sticks, ranch dressing, bleu cheese dressing
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (thank you Ashley for the tip!).
  2. Mix 1/4c buffalo sauce, the flour, the beer (and you get to drink the rest), and a pinch of salt and some pepper.  Dip the cauliflower in the batter and bake for 20 min.
  3. Mix the remaining buffalo sauce, the canola oil, and season with some celery salt & pepper.  Brush this mix onto the cauliflower, and pop it back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so.  The cauliflower should be nice and crispy.
  4. Serve with fresh veggies and your favorite dressing to cool it down.
I was a little skeptical when I first saw this, but it's a delicious alternative to chicken!  I will be making this again.  I'm also working on an idea that combines buffalo cauliflower with my cauliflower gratin recipe.  Keep an eye out for that in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment