Saturday, December 29, 2012

Blueberry Salad

I am allergic to a lot of different fruits, so I miss out on a lot of fruit salads.  I decided to take one of the fruits that I can eat (blueberries!) and make a green salad concoction that came out better than imagined.  If you'd like to add chicken and make it a main dish, I'd recommend topping it with some lemon pepper chicken.



Ingredients:
  • spring lettuce mix
  • halved cherry tomatoes
  • fresh blueberries
  • crumbled goat cheese
  • crushed crispy onions (you can find these in the fresh veggie section of your grocery store, they come in a bag)
  • honey balsamic dressing (truth be told, I didn't make my own.  I used Ken's and it is fabulous!)
  1. Combine the lettuce through the crispy onions, and mix well.
  2. Serve with honey balsamic dressing
  3. Optional add-on: lemon pepper chicken breast, sliced
I've been advised that nuts would taste amazing on here, but alas, allergies.  I added the crispy onions for the crunch factor,  but you could absolutely use nuts instead, or in addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment