Saturday, December 29, 2012

Epic Antipasto Salad

Like a true Italian, I don't measure when I cook.  I throw in a little of this, and a little of that.  This becomes problematic when you have a food blog and a love of sharing recipes, so I've gotten really good at approximating.  Except for with salads.  There are no specified amounts below, because I always eyeball everything when I put my salads together.  Feel free to add more of something, less of something, or leave something out if you're not a fan.  That's the beauty of salad!



Ingredients
  • sliced italian meats
  • sliced provolone cheese
  • diced fresh mozzarella
  • tri-color pasta (I used a 12oz box, that much I do know!)
  • cherry tomato
  • diced white onion
  • banana pepper rings
  • marinated mushrooms
  • marinated artichokes
  • salad dressing of your choice (I use Newman's Balsamic for this recipe)
  1. Cook and drain the pasta.  Cool completely.
  2. Add all but the dressing, mix well.  Add as much or as little dressing as desired.
  3. Refrigerate 1 hour.  Remove, stir well, and add some additional dressing if you wish.
I'm really starting to get into homemade dressings, so watch for some new salad dressing recipes to be posted over the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment